Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bribery

I just got a summons from the traffic police. It serves me right for breaking the law.

BUT, WHAT GOT TO ME WAS, I HAD TO ASK FOR MY SUMMONS!

The smiling policeman was very polite when he stopped me. He said I was stopped because I was using my hand phone. I admitted I was wrong. He asked for my IC & driving license and went on to say that the summons would be RM300. I said I am in the wrong and please give me the summons. He got a little upset about that and said, "You want a summons, I give you a summons!" I repeated myself, yes, I am wrong but I explained I was answering the call from my son who thought I would be late picking him up. I didn't want him to be worried.

The conversation continued this way;

Policeman : "You really want summons?"

Me : "No but I am wrong."

Policeman : "If you belanja me to minum kopi, I don't give you summons."

Me : "Cannot. I cannot."

Policeman : "Summons RM300, tau?"

Me : "Yes, I know but if I am wrong, please give me the summons."

Policeman : "You work?"

Me : "No but I am driver, driving my children."

Policeman : "Your husband work?"

Me : "Yes,he works."

Policeman : "I give you 1 month to pay the summons. If you pay before this date, it's 50%, ok?"

Me : "Ok, thank you for doing your job."

ARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH............................ What are people coming too???

The cars that was stopped after me drove off before me. They must have bribed the policemen. I am sooooo pissed off. Here we are trying to do the right thing and people all around are going scots free for doing the opposite. The same people who complain about corrupted cops, immigration officers and politicians are still bribing.

Can anyone tell me what to do? What would our children learn from all this?
Would our children, to save time and inconvenience, resort to bribery?

1 comment:

Dreamer said...

I commend you for sticking to your principles. I hope you took down his badge number and report him to the MACC